Declaration on Attitude of National

Subject: Declaration on Attitude of National Unity Party

Declaration on Attitude of National Unity Party Concerning Transgression into
Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok by a Group of Terrorists

    The following is a translation of the declaration
made on 8 October 1999 by National Unity Party
concerning the transgression into Myanmar Embassy in
Bangkok, Thailand, by a group of terrorists on 1
October 1999.
                                Date:   8 October, 1999

Declaration on Attitude of National Unity Party

    On 1-10-99, five armed terrorists entered the
Chancery of the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok and held
hostage embassy staff and family members and
foreigners who had come to apply for visa. They took
down the flag of the Union of Myanmar and hoisted
their rebellion flag. Our party strongly denounces it
as it was an act of terrorism. Similarly,
demonstrators forcibly entered the premises of the
Myanmar Embassies in Britain and Australia and took
down the flag of the Union of Myanmar recently. We
consider that these incidents constitute insult on
independence and sovereignty of Myanmar. We declare
that the host government concerned is absolutely
(absolutely) responsible for security of lives and
property of Myanmar diplomats and security of premises
of the embassy according to international law and
diplomatic codes of conduct.

       Chairman
 U Tha Kyaw