Burma Out!! Shwedagon. Vampirical B

Subject: Re: Burma Out!! Shwedagon. Vampirical BBC bytes?

Good point Aung Soe.  (No relation to me!  Honest..!)

Also Roger if you have to believe everything you see on BCC, Sky News, CNN,
Die Welt, New Light of Myanmar, etc, you should know that there are cases in
Germany where they faked stories on primary News.

One would certainly look foolish to debate with a native based on what he
knows or collects his sources from any of these news organizations.

Do not blame it on BBC..!

----Original Message Follows----
To: susuhuang@xxxxxxxxxxx, policy.office@xxxxxxxxx, burmanet-l@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 05:41:38 PDT
>From owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx Mon Oct 25 05:44:15 1999
Sender: owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx

"All that glitters is not gold."  only those who sell "gold-leafs" at
Shwedagon premise can be so sure of whether that 120-ton of which we see as
gold is actually gold or just dust.  sometimes, our visual perception does
not necessarily represent reality.  Most of the time, blind faith along with
that usually blurs distinction between reality and perception.  what is the
benefit of arguing over that subject? will adding some more 99.9% gold with
full devotion to that pagoda bring about peace,prosperity and happiness to
the people who cherish our traditional things? I think we are more than the
kids who believe that Santa Claus would bring them presents on every
Christmas. that motionless sysmbol of faith, called Shwedagon, is nothing
but a passive witness and listener to our historical wounds, sufferings, and
endless wishes for material and spiritual needs. let's get real.