NO MORE CHOICE

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01BF2B6D.B69DFCA0

SSA NEWS

NO MORE CHOICE

The Indigenous People of the Union of Myanmar (Burma), [was actually a
Unitary Government], had suffered and lost their basic human rights,
because of the Tyrannical Burmese Dictators. And as the economy of the
State decline, the life of the people become miserable and poverty
stricken. They had tried their best for their survival, many of them =
went
to neighboring countries, where they became mere slaves, been cheated =
and
bullied, but they accept it to be better than living in their native =
land.

But now, though not their fault, the Thai's policy to "Repatriate =
Illegal
Immigrants" which was aim to protect the labour rights of their own =
people,
was a sudden blow to them. Although they knew their fate, that they are
returning to the living hell, it is inevitable. On landing on their =
native
soil, they were detained, robbed, raped and abused by the Burmese =
soldiers.
For example, illegal immigrants, those have been deported through Tak
province, in this November, 15 of them were raped by the Burmese =
soldiers
and two other were drown, in an attempt to swim back to Thai soil.

The condition of the returned ethnic was more serious than the Burmese. =
On
7th November 1999, 30 of the ethnic Shans, were detained by the Burmese
Authorities, on entering Ban Na Mon Long, opposite the province of Mae =
Hong
Son. Some of them were totured and interrogated, accusing that they were
from the Anti-Rangoon, Shan State Army. Some were killed during the
interrogation and the rest are still working like animals for the =
Burmese
soldiers. They could still have to face the 9 years sentence for illegal
migration.

As there are nowhere to go, nothing to eat, what is possible? Who will =
take
care of us? Who will protect us? We have been suffered for decades, =
should
we have to suffered any more? The suffering in our hearts is going to
burst. So we have to find a way out. But, which way? Nobody like =
violence,
nobody like to shed blood. But we must think that "Are we still waiting =
be killed like lambs?" We are not the aggressors, but for us it means
survival. We should understand the feelings of the freedom fighters, who
had took up arms, due to the impulses upon their hearts. So, when we =
ask,
"Where do these freedom fighters come from?" The answer will be "From =
the
land where men have no pity and justify to his own mankind".

And for us, what is our choice? There is only one way left, that is "To
take up arms and drove the tyrants from the our homelands".

Kham Serng
Shan State

-------

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01BF2B6D.B69DFCA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4><STRONG><EM>SSA=20
NEWS</EM></STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial>10 November =
1999<BR><BR><STRONG><FONT=20
size=3D4>NO MORE CHOICE<BR><BR></FONT></STRONG>The Indigenous People of =
the Union=20
of Myanmar (Burma), [was actually a<BR>Unitary Government], had suffered =
and=20
lost their basic human rights,<BR>because of the Tyrannical Burmese =
Dictators.=20
And as the economy of the<BR>State decline, the life of the people =
become=20
miserable and poverty<BR>stricken. They had tried their best for their =
survival,=20
many of them went<BR>to neighboring countries, where they became mere =
slaves,=20
been cheated and<BR>bullied, but they accept it to be better than living =
in=20
their native land.<BR><BR>But now, though not their fault, the Thai's =
policy to=20
"Repatriate Illegal<BR>Immigrants" which was aim to protect the labour =
rights of=20
their own people,<BR>was a sudden blow to them. Although they knew their =
fate,=20
that they are<BR>returning to the living hell, it is inevitable. On =
landing on=20
their native<BR>soil, they were detained, robbed, raped and abused by =
the=20
Burmese soldiers.<BR>For example, illegal immigrants, those have been =
deported=20
through Tak<BR>province, in this November, 15 of them were raped by the =
Burmese=20
soldiers<BR>and two other were drown, in an attempt to swim back to Thai =

soil.<BR><BR>The condition of the returned ethnic was more serious than =
the=20
Burmese. On<BR>7th November 1999, 30 of the ethnic Shans, were detained =
by the=20
Burmese<BR>Authorities, on entering Ban Na Mon Long, opposite the =
province of=20
Mae Hong<BR>Son. Some of them were totured and interrogated, accusing =
that they=20
were<BR>from the Anti-Rangoon, Shan State Army. Some were killed during=20
the<BR>interrogation and the rest are still working like animals for the =

Burmese<BR>soldiers. They could still have to face the 9 years sentence =
for=20
illegal<BR>migration.<BR><BR>As there are nowhere to go, nothing to eat, =
what is=20
possible? Who will take<BR>care of us? Who will protect us? We have been =

suffered for decades, should<BR>we have to suffered any more? The =
suffering in=20
our hearts is going to<BR>burst. So we have to find a way out. But, =
which way?=20
Nobody like violence,<BR>nobody like to shed blood. But we must think =
that "Are=20
we still waiting to<BR>be killed like lambs?" We are not the aggressors, =
but for=20
us it means<BR>survival. We should understand the feelings of the =
freedom=20
fighters, who<BR>had took up arms, due to the impulses upon their =
hearts. So,=20
when we ask,<BR>"Where do these freedom fighters come from?" The answer =
will be=20
"From the<BR>land where men have no pity and justify to his own=20
mankind".<BR><BR>And for us, what is our choice? There is only one way =
left,=20
that is "To<BR>take up arms and drove the tyrants from the our=20
homelands".<BR><BR>Kham Serng<BR>Shan State</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT =
face=3DArial>
<DIV align=3Djustify>
<HR>
</DIV><BR>
<DIV align=3Djustify><BR><BR><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01BF2B6D.B69DFCA0--