SPECIAL WTO SEATTLE COVERAGE

<< WHAT'S NEW ON CORPORATE WATCH

 The Watchdog on the Web

 http://www.corpwatch.org

 November 17, 1999

 OUR SPECIAL WTO SEATTLE COVERAGE BEGINS NOW!

 http://www.corpwatch.org/feature/

 Who Owns the WTO?

 When officials from 134 countries and tens of thousands of protestors
from
 around the world descend on Seattle later this month for the World
Trade
 Organization summit, Corporate Watch will be there.

 We will be doing daily updates on the web as well as co-hosting World
 Trade Watch, a nationally and internationally syndicated radio
broadcast.

 We are covering this historic summit because the decisions of this
world
 body affect our daily lives, from the air we breathe, to the food we
eat
 to our access to information.

 Our special WTO coverage begins with "Who Owns the WTO?" We've put
 together articles and fact sheets that look at who's who in the Seattle
 Host Organization and others that follow the corporate money.

 Our Feature includes:

   Case studies on WTO rulings
   What issues to watch for in Seattle
   Actvist perspectives from around the world
   Current News Stories...and more
   Take Action! No New Round

 We will update Corporate Watch daily from Seattle starting on Monday,
 November 29th and running throughout the week. In addition to our
in-depth
 feature, you will be able to listen to the audio of World Trade Watch
 Radio, get daily headlines and check out photos of breaking events and
 protests.

 So, go to the Feature, Who Owns the WTO? before the Seattle Round opens
 and come back for daily coverage starting November 29th.

 Look at the list of stations carrying World Trade Watch radio or
contact
 wtw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to find out how you can get us on your local
airwaves.

 TAKE ACTION!

 http://www.corpwatch.org/corner/alert/wto.html

 Tell US Trade Representative Charlene Barshefsky to declare a
moratorium
 on further WTO negotiations. Citizens around the world are demanding
that
 the WTO review its decisions and repair damage they've done to the
 environment and human rights. Add your voice, send a FREE FAX today!

 SUPPORT Corporate Watch:

 We depend on donations from people like you.  Make a donation through
the
 web at https://swww.igc.apc.org/trac/donation.html

 Or send us a tax deductible US bank check or international money order
in
 US dollars make out to TRAC/Tides to PO Box 29344, San Francisco, CA
94129.

 -30-

 [Articles on BRC-NEWS may be forwarded and posted on other mailing
 lists/discussion forums, as long as proper attribution is given to the
 author and originating publication, and the wording is not altered in
 any way. In particular, if there is a reference to a web site where an
 article was originally located, please do *not* remove that.

 Unless stated otherwise, do *not* publish or post the entire text of
any
 copyrighted articles on web sites (web-based discussion forums
exempted)
 or in print, without getting *explicit* permission from the article
author
 or copyright holder. Check the fair use provisions of the copyright law
in
 your country for details on what you can and can't do.