[burmanet2-l] Asiaweek - Is there a

Subject: Re: [burmanet2-l] Asiaweek - Is there any plan at all in  Myanmar?

--=====================_11880834==_.ALT

The Truth
In Burma internet service is very very expensive.  80 dollars per month is
equal to 80x 300= 24,000 kyats.  The salary of the normal government
employee is 2000 kyats.  A few people can use the inter net service in
Burma and now Eagle's service was shut down.  It shown that SPDC has no
guts and tolerance level for free information.  Why?  because they are
afraid of the Truth.

At 01:23 AM 12/24/1999 +0900, TIN KYI wrote:
>Asiaweek - Dec 23, 1999.
>Is there any plan at all in Myanmar?
>The generals in Yangon are among the few leaders in the world still
>dealing with Y1K issues like competition and the reality of modern
>communications. The regime had allowed a private Internet service
>provider, Eagle IT, to set up business -- and it was doing just fine.
>Earlier this year, Eagle's executive director John Chen told Asiaweek: "We
>have about 500 clients already and our customer base is growing." Perhaps
>that was simply too much for the telecoms ministry, which was Eagle's main
>competitor. But who knows for sure in secretive Myanmar? All that is
>certain is that Eagle's e-mail service was abruptly shut down on Dec.13
>and apparently some of its staff were detained. Maybe the worldwide web
>spooks the spooky generals.

--=====================_11880834==_.ALT

</b></u>In Burma internet service is very very expensive.&nbsp; 80
dollars per month is equal to 80x 300= 24,000 kyats.&nbsp; The salary of
the normal government employee is 2000 kyats.&nbsp; A few people can use
the inter net service in Burma and now Eagle's service was shut
down.&nbsp; It shown that SPDC has no guts and tolerance level for free
information.&nbsp; Why?&nbsp; because they are afraid of the
Is there any plan at all in Myanmar?</b><br>
leaders in the world still dealing with Y1K issues like competition and
the reality of modern communications. The regime had allowed a private
Internet service provider, Eagle IT, to set up business -- and it was
doing just fine. Earlier this year, Eagle's executive director John Chen
told Asiaweek: &quot;We have about 500 clients already and our customer
base is growing.&quot; Perhaps that was simply too much for the telecoms
ministry, which was Eagle's main competitor. But who knows for sure in
secretive Myanmar? All that is certain is that Eagle's e-mail service was
abruptly shut down on Dec.13 and apparently some of its staff were
detained. Maybe the worldwide web spooks the spooky generals. <br>