A message of felicitations from Her

Subject: A message of felicitations from Her Excellency Madame Megawati Soekarnoputri

SOURCE: The New Light of Myanmar ( Thursday, January 6, 2000 )

The following is a message of felicitations from Her Excellency Madame
Megawati Soekarnoputri, Vice-President of the Republic of Indonesia, to His
Excellency General Maung Aye, Vice-Chairman of the State Peace and
Development Council, on the occasion of the 52nd Anniversary Independence Day
of the Union of Myanmar.

Your Excellency,

On the auspicious occasion of the 52nd Anniversary of the Independence Day of
the Union of Myanmar, it is a great privilege for me to convey to you my
heartfelt felicitations.

Myanmar and Indonesia enjoy excellent bilateral relations and share many
common concern and objectives both in regional and international affairs. I
am, therefore, confident that in the years ahead, our two countries will find
new opportunities to achieve further progress and prosperity.

Please accept, Your Excellency, the assurances of my highest esteem and
consideration.

Mg Myanmar
A Myanmar citizen who loves Myanmar