APPEAL OF THE NOBEL PEACE LAUREATES

To the Members of the Board
June 2000
Dear Sisters and Brothers,

	WE NEED YOUR HELP.

	For the first time in the history ALL the Nobel Peace Laureates had signed
a common ?Appeal for the children of the world?. The answer, by an official
resolution from the General Assembly of the United Nations, has been
positive. But WE NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTION, your PARTICIPATION.

The Year 2000 has been proclaimed the "International Year for the Culture of
Peace" (IYCP) by the United Nations. The United Nations Educational,
Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) has been designated as the
co-ordinating body for this International Year.

The objective of the IYCP is to create a global movement that unites and
federates the actions already underway all around the world by individuals,
groups, institutions and organisations for the various aspects of a culture
of peace (justice, human rights, democracy, non-violence, solidarity, non
discrimination, sustainable human development, etc).

Our Foundation signed an official  partnership agreement with UNESCO
involving 4 main axes:

1.	Promotion of the "Manifesto 2000" - an appeal for individual commitment
that was drafted by a group of Laureates of the Nobel Prize for Peace and
Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh: the aim, with the help of all identified partners, is
to collect and present 100 million signatures to the General Assembly of the
United Nations in September 2000 with the collaboration of all identified
partners;

	You can read this text in English, French and Spanish, sign, download to
publish it, on our Web site at : http://www.nobelweb.org Please make this
text known as much as you can. You can use it as a tool to get new members
to your organisation. You can also get the text, in several other languages
at the UNESCO Web site : http://www.unesco.org/manifesto2000

2. Identification of main events for the IYCP: each partner is asked to
identify an event contributing to the general public awareness campaign as
an official contribution to the IYCP and for which the official logo of the
IYCP will be used;

3.	Identification of local projects for a culture of peace: those who sign
the Manifesto will be urged to make a concrete contribution by joining
existing local actions already underway in the different areas of a culture
of peace; each partner is invited to contribute by ?feeding? the existing
international database of local projects for a culture of peace with such
local actions;

4.	Contribution to the "International Decade for the Culture of Peace and
Non-violence for the Children of the World": each partner is asked to begin
considering how their contribution to the IYCP can be extended and further
developed as part of the Decade proclaimed by the United Nations for
2001-2010.

To prepare this Decade, we have already delegates (all volunteers) for
several regions, and you can contact them to start to build a regional Civil
Society Network with them :

§ Africa : Mr. Akadim G. CHIKANDAMINA at aki@xxxxxxxxxxxx
§ Middle East : Mr. Noah SALAMEH at nsalameh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or at
salamehn@xxxxxxxxxxx
§ South America : Mrs Nelsa CURBELO at nelsa@xxxxxxxxxxxx or
serpaz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
§ North America : Fr. John DEAR at fellowship@xxxxxxxxxx
§ Indian Subcontinent : Mrs. RAJHESWARI at assefa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
§ Asia : Mr. Prasart PASIRI at cpcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
§ Europe : Mrs. Monica BOCAZ at paz@xxxxxxxxxxxx

As a participant of our network, you can automatically benefit from this
partnership agreement with UNESCO and involve your organisation in the IYCP.
It will allow you in particular:
 To use the logo of the International year for the Culture of Peace for your
communication tools.
-      To diffuse information about your actions at an international level.
- To access the technical website of the IYCP ( www2.unesco.org/iycptec)
thanks to your account number. This site will provide you tools and
information concerning the IYCP as well as the possibility to become
participant organisation of the IYCP.

How to access to the UNESCO technical website?

Please go to http://www2.unesco.org/iycptec  and fill up the short form
under the section ?New Internet Account Number? . You will have in the short
form to specify the nine first digit of our account number: NGO/INT/011.
After filling up the form, you will become officially a partner of UNESCO,
and will have access to the technical website.

Thank you for your active participation. Yours sincerely,

Pierre Marchand
Chairperson
Email : info@xxxxxxxxxxxx ?

Please visit our Website and help us to make it known :
http://www.nobelweb.org

If you have any problem of access, or if you wish to exchange Web site
links, please contact our Web Master at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Do not hesitate to send a copy of this letter to all your friends and NGO?s
partners.

You may get all information on this campaign on the special web site :
http://www.unesco.org/iycp

NB : We warmly invite you to visit also those excellent Web Site :

PEACE PEOPLE : http://www.peacepeople.com
SERPAJ : http://www.nonviolence.org/serpaj
IFOR : http://www.ifor.org
FOR USA : http://www.forusa.org
PLUM VILLAGE (Vén. Thich Nhat Hanh) : http://plumvillage.org -Brother Phap
Lu (mailto:phaplu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )
INEB : http://bpf.org/ineb.html
THE NONVIOLENCE WEB : http://www.nonviolence.org
AMNESTY : http://www.amnesty.org
The Nobel Foundation : http://www.nobel.se
Resource Centre for Non Violence : http://www.rcnv.org

(sorry : no place for so many others links !...)

?By signing the Manifesto 2000 each of us can take the first step of
engagement in the Global Movement for a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence.
As a second step, we can make the Manifesto 2000 known to our family,
workplace, friends and community to give others the same opportunity of
engagement. You can become a " Messenger of the Manifesto 2000 ". As soon as
you have collected 100 signatures, you will receive an official certificate
by e-mail from UNESCO. If enough people become Messengers, then the Movement
for a Culture of Peace and Non-violence can become a reality on a global
scale. Please fill out the following form to receive your own Internet
Account Number that will allow us to count the signatures you collect.?

You will certainly find original ways to make known the Manifesto 2000, but
here are three different ways you can start: leaflet of Manifesto 2000,
e-mail and Website.

 Leaflet

1. Print a version of the Manifesto and photo-copy it.
2. Give it to your family, your friends and colleagues at work.
3. Present it to schools, universities, clubs, cultural centres and public
places.
4. Collect signatures and enter them on the technical Website of the
International Year for the Culture of Peace (www.unesco.org/iycptec) under
the section "Add signatures on the Manifesto 2000".

E-mail

1. Send an e-mail to your friends and contacts inviting them to sign the
Manifesto.
2. Put the following link in your e-mail so that all they need to do is to
click and they will arrive directly at the Manifesto Website:
http://www.unesco.org/manifesto2000/default.asp?part=IND/... /... /...
3. Note that the last 9 digits of this link are your personal Internet
Account Number and this will ensure that the signature is entered on your
account.
4. Here is a draft e-mail - of course you may change it as you wish, please
note that you need to fill in your Internet Account Number at the end of the
website address:

Draft e-mail
Dear?,

I have signed the Manifesto 2000 and I support the Global Movement for a
Culture of Peace and Non-violence proposed by the United Nations, as a
Messenger of the Manifesto 2000

I invite you to sign the Manifesto 2000 as well on the following Website:
http://www.unesco.org/manifesto2000/default.asp?part=IND/... /... /...
Your signature, with those of many Nobel Peace Prize winners and heads of
state, will be part of the one hundred million signatures to be presented to
the United Nations General Assembly in September 2000.

(Abstract from the Official UNESCO Head Quarter Web Site)

Apologise :

We do apologise if you have received already this message
from any other source.

Pierre Marchand
FOUNDATION APPEAL OF THE NOBEL PEACE LAUREATES FOR THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD
Email : info@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  - Fax : +33 (0)3 44 86
39 07

Web : http://www.nobelweb.org
Adress : 58 Avenue de Huy - F60200 - Compiègne FRANCE

May Peace prevail on Earth and all beings be happy.