[myanmar] Human Rights Issues And D

--=====================_38446519==_.ALT

At 07:45 AM 8/23/00 +0000, U Tun Lin wrote in  <myanmar@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>"....In Myanmar today security in her cities is fully guaranteed for the
>people while peace and tranquillity prevail even in the border areas
>for the first time in her modern history. Starvation is a word alien
>to the people of Myanmar and Myanmar does not have homeless people who
>die of neglect by their own Government. Myanmar today is implementing
>the project called "From Huts To Proper Houses Scheme." All her
>citizens are being taken care of by the Government to have a proper
>home to live in....."

Perhaps I could take this opportunity to recommend a few
websites which carry reports bearing on these remarks:

PEOPLE'S TRIBUNAL ON FOOD SCARCITY AND MILITARIZATION IN BURMA
http://www.hrschool.org/tribunal/report/index.htm

IDPS IN MYANMAR (BURMA)
(Global IDP Survey)
(Do not neglect the List of Sources Used, with links to more than 50
on-line reports)
http://www.db.idpproject.org/Sites/idpSurvey.nsf/wCountries/Myanmar+(Burma)

THE LANDMINE CRISIS IN BURMA
http://www.igc.org/nonviolence/burmamines/index.html

KAREN HUMAN RIGHTS GROUP
www.khrg.org

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
(Burma reports etc)
http://www.amnesty.org/ailib/countries/indx316.htm

>David Arnott (Burma Peace Foundation)

--=====================_38446519==_.ALT

At 07:45 AM 8/23/00 +0000, U Tun Lin wrote in&nbsp;
&lt;myanmar@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;:<br>
cities is fully guaranteed for the<br>
people while peace and tranquillity prevail even in the border
areas<br>
for the first time in her modern history. Starvation is a word
alien<br>
to the people of Myanmar and Myanmar does not have homeless people
who<br>
die of neglect by their own Government. Myanmar today is
implementing<br>
the project called &quot;From Huts To Proper Houses Scheme.&quot; All
her<br>
citizens are being taken care of by the Government to have a proper<br>
home to live in.....&quot;</blockquote><br>
Perhaps I could take this opportunity to recommend a few <br>
websites which carry reports bearing on these remarks:<br>
PEOPLE'S TRIBUNAL ON FOOD SCARCITY AND MILITARIZATION IN BURMA<br>
</a>IDPS IN MYANMAR (BURMA)<br>
(Global IDP Survey)<br>
(Do not neglect the List of Sources Used, with links to more than 50
on-line reports)<br>
THE LANDMINE CRISIS IN BURMA<br>
KAREN HUMAN RIGHTS GROUP<br>
(Burma reports etc)<br>