FTUB/NCFUB (r)

Hello Kenneth Oo & AYBL members,

I appreciate your opinion about NCGUB and FTUB activities.  Here are
some comments from me.

<<As far as we, ALL YOUNG BURMESE LEAGUE (AYBL) members in Australia are
concerned, we sincerely believe and see that the NCGUB and NCGUB's
representative in Australia are doing many good for restoring democracy
in Burma and Burmese community development in Australia. As we (Burmese
in Australia) know, NCGUB and its representative are very successful in
lobbying the international and Australia community for restoring
democracy in Burma in many ways. >>

Please specify their many "good" jobs in your next posting.  And how
much do they spend for the "good" causes and waste for their  lifestyles
at the public expense.

>I came to know Dr Sein Win and NCGUB when it was formed in Manaplaw in
December 1990. He is quiet and a gentleman. I also met him as second
time in 1992 when he came to Australia to lobby the Australia government
for getting moral and other possible aids and support for restoring
democracy in Burma. He also met the Immigration Minister Jury Han and
discussed about the Special Refugees program. The special refugee
category called SAC213 (Special Assistant Category-213 for Burmese
people living in Thai-Burma border) came out later that year was very
much influenced by Dr Sein Win's visit. ABC (Australia Burma Council)
was formed in 1992 when Dr Sein Win was here and it has been doing
tremendous good job since then. We have to admit that ABC has been doing
many good quality jobs more than any single real Burmese organization in
Australia. >>>>

What are you getting at?  How helpful is the meeting an Immigration
Minister of the Australia (the lonely Pacific island) and Dr. Sein Win?
Please describe how this activity helps Burma democracy movement
accelerate.   I do know it benefits some of our freinds who need to
leave Thailand for security reasons and come there as asylees.  Notice
that our students colleagues in India are sitting together with Defense
Minister of India, which becomes an unrecognized Nuclear power in Asia.
Compare these two meetings.  But I don't want to boast here how
successful the young generations become.
I don't know how cool and sincere Dr. Sein Win is.  Personality-cult
won't help you see what this person and his team (NCGUB and FTUB) are
collaborating to achieve. Use some critical thinking for clear and
unbiased evaluation about your assumed leaders.

<<<We, burmese are very good at pointing fingers to others, jealous at
someone's success and forget who is our number one enemy. It is very
sad. >>

What forced you to overgeneralize the whole Burmese people have this
backstabbing and mudsling nature and culture. Eradicating rampant
corruption at the top revolutionary infrastructure has nothing to do
with people being jealous.

Success!  It is a big joke.   The MPs can't even stay tight together.
Name how many officially elected MPs  are now with NCGUB?  They can't
even secure their living and operational place in a neiboring country,
Thailand.  When we mean success, we measure how much suffering of the
people has been reduced,  how much they become free from fear living
under a repressive regime and how much they can exercise their
birthrights there.

We don't measure this degree on how we, a handful of asylees or
refugees, in third countries are doing well.

You NCGUB and FTUB's arrogant behaviors and forgetfulness of how and why
the big money come to their hands and pockets should be mended at any
cost.  It is not their personal money earned by their sweats and blood.
They talked about politics of Burma and they got it.  The
democracy-loving people contributed these funds to further the cause.

We don't forget our enemy.  We know our friends.  We feel sad for the
people's suffering constantly.  We don't feel happy or sad about the
fund-abuse and misminagement of NCGUB's cabinet ministers.
ACTUALLY, WE ARE REALLY ANGRY.
I REPEAT, WE ARE ANGRY.

>Many people including NCGUB, ABSDF, and many organizations and many
individuals have given up their most precious thing in the universe;
their lives, just for democracy,

Who is above in sacrificing their lives?  All are equal.  But you say
"their most precious thing."  How precious their life under a repressive
regime?  Please explain.

<<just to topple the oppressive government - our no. 1 enemy. This is
our aim, our one and only one objective. The purpose of revolutions is "
To topple the oppressive regime and attain the democracy in Burma ".>>

I think you don't know anything about how they toppled (NCGUB in 1991) a
student group called BSL in India by forming an unholy allience, issuing
press-releases, which derecognize the BSL as a revolutionary group.
Instead, NCGUB (Maung Maung of FTUB translates this political statement)
labeled BSL as a group of Burmese militants in India, which  is the
country of peace and non-violence.  If you want I can post it.  But I
don't want to right now.

>If I do not like NCGUB or any party or groups I will punish that group
with my ballot vote in free and fair election. >>>>

This is my dream too.  We need a public tribunal to punish wrongdoers of
both military regimes and our revolutionary groups.

<<<<Our first aim is to get democracy where everyone can exercise their
democratic rights. >>>>

We exercise our rights not at your cost.  We are exercising this very
right to protect the value of lives our fallen martyers sacrificed for
the people dreams for freedom and justice.

<<So far, in my opinion, most of the the letters in the net regarding
the NCGUB/FTUB produce counter productive. It does not contribute any
good thing towards democracy for Burma. >>>>

Prove how counterproductive our recent postings are.  If you don't want
to have people who would oppose the malpractices within the revolution,
why do you say you are democratic?  Opposition is one of the fundamental
driving force for the upkeeping of democratic societies.  Please reread
the the importance of the role of oppositions in democracy.

<<<Nobody can come out and prove these financial accusation and claims
are right or wrong. >>>>>>

It is NCGUB and FTUB's responsibility to prove what they did and have
been doing with the public fund.  Using for the people is OK with us.
Abusing is a crime to us.  If you want us to investigate, we can do it.
We are doing it.

This is what every dutiful citizen of Burma must do if he or she wants a
clean government in Burma.  You got to do it.  Right now, we are in
typical situation.  We are dealing with a rebel government which has
been neglecting to answer its own friends' questions.  Please make a
note that we are not enemies to NCGUB.

<<<And also the public accessible brunet is also not a right place to
explain and counter explain where and how the fund has been
used. If someone really wants to make the things right, he/she should
contact the doner of the fund and expressed their concern, not on the
net.>>>>>

Nothing can be concealed about the public fund use.  Every government is
to keep Budgets/Accounts that explain how public fund are utilized. Even
democratic Rajiv Gandhi can't escape.

>I haven't seen any NCGUB or FTUBA or ABC members getting rich or living
luxury life. Most of these guys are broke because they do revolution
with their own expenses. >>>

Then, you didn't really belong to the movement.  For years, We have seen
how arrogantly they wasted the public fund in New Delhi, Thailand.

<<<<If we keep pointing our fingers at others we will get
nowhere. >>>>

This naive assumption is strongly condemned. Every revolution needs
basic trust in its leadership.  With suspicions and corruptions, the
revolution couldn't march any further.  What we are doing is to go
forward.  If need be, we will restart the new revolution.

<<<SPDC will look at us and laugh at us. Please think again.>>>

We have had serious thoughts and done enough diplomatic warnings to the
NCGUB and FTUB.  It is not a sudden straw-fire.  It is a volcanic
outburst.
SPDC might laugh.  But it will be a short-lived one.  They are also
aware that they will be facing the same fate NCGUB and FTUB are facing.

<<<<<<We can express our opinions freely in the name democracy.>>>>>

Like what?   I repeat that We have no intention to damage the righteous
peoples'personal dignity and integrity.  We are correcting the
wrongdoers.

<<<<<However, we also have to remember that democracy means
responsibility. The democracy does not mean that I can say anything as
senselessly as I like. >>>>>

Point out anything you find in our postings done irresponsibly.  We are
fulfiling our responsibility as guard-dogs of peple's movement for
democracy and justice.  We are catching the thieves.

<<<<(If it does not damage anyone, it may be ok). I am sure all of us
understand this. We have to know how much damage of the democracy
movement will be made by our irresponsible thoughts words and actions.
Let's start a fresh towards democracy for Burma from the 8888, 10 th
anniversary. >>>>

Not with NCGUB and FTUB.  We will go seperately. No CONFIDENCE in these
exploiters.  Stick to your gun while protecting NCGUB and FTUB from
their wrongdoings.

It is a longterm struggle.  A battle.
We are not quitters.  You will see.

>Kenneth OO
>ALL YOUNG BURMESE LEAGUE INC.

Your name and your organization doesn't match.

Down with military dictatorship.
Down with NCGUB and FTUB.

Kyaw Kyaw Htut
Indiana.